Friday, March 11, 2011

Build Toothpick Tower



I something recently that was very unfunny, but it is very educational in its terms and decided to share my story with you. My hopes are that when the time is not to follow in my footsteps, but, instead, be prepared.

As in my work I have done many things and has worked in several areas. One could say that I resisted the tendency to specialize in a particular field and, instead, decided to gain experience in various environments to broaden my horizons. It has nothing to do with the main point of the story in part explain why I do not have the funds necessary to buy a spanking new 27-inch iMac in cash when I fell in love with it. I had a shitty job.

After reading a dozen reviews on the net I was quite certain that this is the car of my dreams, and what I really need to be happy in my life (marketing of Apple certainly kicked in on this, but what can I do, I'm easily influenced).

The next day I went straight to my local PC World to buy the object of my desires. I walked around the store for a while 'think the accessories that go well with my new computer and was also considering the addition of a digital SLR camera to my order, you know, make the most of my new iMac. In the end I just settled with a wireless printer.

I approached the clerk and asked to finance purchases of options on how large and my was satisfied with the 'buy now, pay later' plan that 'there was on offer. Great, filling out the paperwork did not take more than 10 minutes and even though I was sitting at the desk of the customer in a computer store, my mind was already home unpacking the new majestic piece of hardware Apple

. - "Sorry friend, did not go through"
- "What ...?"

At first I did not really know what went wrong, but everything was explained to me in the very next minute. Apparently my credit score was not enough to get a loan to cover the cost of a computer. Now, one could argue that these things happen every day and there is no need to feel embarrassed - and you're right, at least in theory. The thing that kills me the most is the fact that I had a long conversation about the specific with my friends the day before and bragged about my new car, as if I already owned one. Conclusion: Before you try not to buy cars, computers, and what a finance check what your credit score is

.

0 comments:

Post a Comment